Car camping is an excellent way for vloggers to create content while enjoying the great outdoors. To make the most of your camping vlogs, here’s a list of essential gear to consider:
1. High-Quality Camera: Invest in a reliable camera with excellent video capabilities. DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, or even high-end smartphones with good cameras can work, depending on your budget and preferences.
2. Stabilization Equipment: To ensure smooth footage, consider a gimbal or tripod with video heads. This will help eliminate shaky shots and provide professional-looking vlogs.
3. External Microphone: Good audio quality is crucial for vlogs. Consider an external shotgun microphone or lapel microphone to capture clear, crisp sound, especially when filming in outdoor environments.
4. Lighting: Natural light is great, but it’s not always available or consistent. Carry portable LED lights or a ring light for well-lit shots, especially for nighttime scenes or indoor shots inside your tent or car.
5. Drone: If you want to capture breathtaking aerial shots of your campsite and surrounding landscapes, a drone is a valuable addition to your gear.
6. Action Camera: For capturing adventurous activities like hiking or water sports, an action camera like a GoPro can be indispensable. They’re durable, compact, and offer excellent video quality.
7. Power Bank and Solar Charger: Keep your devices charged with a reliable power bank, and consider a solar charger to harness the sun’s energy for prolonged trips.
8. Car Mounts: Securely attach your camera or smartphone to your car’s interior or exterior using car mounts, providing unique perspectives and hands-free shooting while on the move.
9. Memory Cards and Storage: Bring extra memory cards and external hard drives to ensure you have enough storage for your footage.
10. Laptop and Editing Software: A laptop with video editing software is essential for on-the-go editing. Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or simpler software like iMovie can help you craft engaging vlogs.
11. Comfortable Camping Gear: Ensure your comfort during car camping by packing essential gear like a spacious tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and camping chairs. Comfortable campers make for happier vlogs.
12. Cooking Equipment: Capture the campfire cooking experience with a portable camping stove, cookware, and utensils. Sharing your camping meals can be a fun part of your vlogs.
13. Cooler: Keep your food and drinks fresh with a quality cooler. It’s not just practical for camping but also for vlogging your camping culinary adventures.
14. Portable Wi-Fi: If you need an internet connection for live streaming or uploading videos, consider a portable Wi-Fi hotspot or booster to improve connectivity in remote areas.
15. First Aid Kit: Safety should always come first. Pack a comprehensive first aid kit to handle any minor injuries or emergencies that may occur during your trip.
16. Navigation Tools: GPS, maps, and compasses can help you find your way around, especially in less-traveled camping locations.
17. Weather-Resistant Gear: Protect your camera and equipment from unexpected rain or harsh weather conditions with waterproof bags and covers.
18. Camping Apparel: Dress appropriately for the weather and activities you plan to vlog. Layers, moisture-wicking clothing, and good footwear are key.
19. Portable Table and Camping Accessories: Having a portable camping table, foldable chairs, and other accessories can make your campsite more comfortable and provide additional shooting locations.
20. Trash Bags and Leave No Trace: Always practice responsible camping by packing out all trash and adhering to Leave No Trace principles. It’s essential for preserving the environment you’re vlogging.
To further enhance your car camping vlogging experience in 2023, consider adding the following items to your gear list (MOST IMPORTANT) :
21. Dual Heavy Duty Forged Hooks: These hooks can be invaluable for securing your equipment, creating makeshift setups, or even assisting with vehicle recovery if needed.
22. Iron Shovel with Wooden Handle: An iron shovel with a wooden handle is versatile for various camping tasks, from digging a fire pit to clearing debris from your campsite.
23. Car Tyre Inflator with Light (Min 150 psi): A portable car tire inflator with a built-in light can be a lifesaver in case of a flat tire during your camping adventures. It provides added safety, especially when you need to inflate tires at night.
24. Booster Cable with Alligator Wire: Ensure you have a reliable set of booster cables with alligator wires to jump-start your car’s engine if the battery runs flat. This essential tool can save you from being stranded in remote locations.
25. Plastic Storage Boxes: Organize your camping gear and keep it protected from the elements by using durable plastic storage boxes. They make packing and unpacking a breeze.
26. Camping Tent: Invest in a quality camping tent that suits your needs and the size of your group. Consider features like weather resistance, ease of setup, and ample interior space for comfortable vlogging.
27. Sleeping Bags: Choose sleeping bags that provide the right level of warmth for the expected weather conditions during your camping trips. Look for compact and lightweight options for easy transport.
By adding these additional items to your car camping gear list, you’ll be well-prepared to capture memorable vlogs while ensuring your safety, comfort, and convenience during your outdoor adventures.
Additionally, we will be sharing a list of personal items in our upcoming blog post. Please stay tuned for more updates. The items we have compiled are based on real-life experiences and challenges encountered by vloggers during visits to remote and isolated locations where communication and human presence were limited. It’s essential to be well-prepared, especially if you plan on embarking on solo vlog camping adventures.